Lead Paint Information

Just because you can’t see lead doesn’t mean it’s not on walls, doors, windows and sills.

Today, lead poisoning affects over 1,000,000 children. The most common pathway for lead poisoning is caused by deteriorating lead-based paint (on older windows, doors and trim, or walls) or through improper renovation, repair and painting activities that cause paint to chip, peel, or flake. Children are frequently poisoned by ingesting lead dust that has accumulated on their hands, fingers, toys, or clothing from lead hazard sources like floors and windowsills.

For the safety of families and in compliance with new rules of the Environmental Protection Agency, Window World and all installers are EPA Certified Renovators.

This means we are committed to perform lead safe practices to insure that all lead and lead dust are contained and do not harm your family. For your protection, please ask any renovator you are considering to show you their EPA Certification number. If they cannot provide it, you may be unprotected from harmful lead dust.

If not detected early, children with high levels of lead in their bodies can suffer from:

  • Damage to the brain and nervous system
  • Behavior and learning problems, such as hyperactivity
  • Slowed growth
  • Hearing problems
  • Headaches

Lead is also harmful to adults. Adults can suffer from:

  • Reproductive problems (in both men and women)
  • High blood pressure and hypertension
  • Nerve disorders
  • Memory and concentration problems
  • Muscle and joint pain

For more information, visit http://www.epa.gov/lead.